Sunday, July 13, 2014

Week #19 - Six of Letterpress - Patron of Arts

Now comes the Six of Letterpress in week 19 asking me to consider the larger community of artists as inter-dependent. Am I supportive of other artists on any tangible level? Do I attend readings or visit galleries? Give others a Shout-out? Attend book launches? Write Reviews?  Support others work by purchasing their work?

I must admit there was a  time when I was better about attending the readings of others. This is an area I need to work on. I do write reviews from time to time and will give a shout-out  on twitter or elsewhere. I am pretty  good about monetarily supporting  the work of others, especially poets (even on a limited budget) so there is a lot of support that I do give to the arts, but there are I see ways that I can improve.

This week I will make the effort to seize opportunities to be there for other artists.

If there is anything to reciprocating Karma then great, but I think I need to do this without anticipating anything in return. I need to do this because the arts need patrons period.

No comments:

Post a Comment