Sunday, February 8, 2015

Week 49: Ten of Mentors - Don't Hesitate to Fix What's Broken

This card is a tough one for me because it gives me permission to make changes to things that are not working.  Sometimes I will struggle through something past a reasonable period of time. I don't like to give up. I often equate this with failure. Yet, failure is very much a part of art. It's how we learn. How we improve. How we find new and unique things.

I've got a manuscript right now that is not working in the present form. That doesn't mean that  there are not good aspects of it. It could perhaps be split apart into two or more manuscripts to work on. This is in fact what I'm going to work on this week. When something ceases to inspire then stand it on it's end and make something else of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment