Sunday, April 27, 2014

Anne Sexton - Week #8

I drew for week eight from the Poet Tarot deck and Anne Sexton arose as the poet to turn to this week.  I feel Sexton and I are old friends because some time back I sort of adopted her as my Dead Poet Mentor.  It has not been uncommon for me to  turn to her work when I am looking for inspirations and answers.  Sexton and Plath are two poets with whom I've spend a lot of time with their work as well and biographical material. Still, I'm sure there is much more I can learn from Anne.

Couple of things to consider this week...

  • birthing new projects
  • find balance between assisting others and being open to the assistance from others
  • value honesty in your art
Welcome back Anne... let's talk a lot this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment